sudo mintupgrade problems

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Radioman621
Level 1
Level 1

sudo mintupgrade problems

Post by Radioman621 »

I upgraded all my linx mint 20.3 computers to mint 21 with no problems except with one computer.
This problem one is a Dell Latitude laptop that came with W10. I dual booted it and installed linux mint and have kept it up to date.
I opened a command line window and ran:
sudo apt install mintupgrade
this all went smoothly then:
sudo mintupgrade
I get a message:
"Please don't run this command as root or with elevated privileges"
This is exactly how I did all the other computers (Dell desktops) an had no problems. Any ideas
Last edited by LockBot on Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: sudo mintupgrade problems

Post by Cosmo. »

Open Synaptic and open there the file-menu -> history. Look for the current date, you should find mintupgrade and some dependencies listed. Which version number is given there (in brackets)?
Radioman621
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Radioman621 »

Solved I figured out the problem
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Radioman621 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:44 am Solved I figured out the problem
That's great, can you tell us what the problem was so others can benefit from your solution?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Other topics”