Remote Documents Not Showing in Recent Files

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Paul608085
Level 1
Level 1

Remote Documents Not Showing in Recent Files

Post by Paul608085 »

Hi Everyone,
I'm not sure if this question is better suited in another part of these forums? If so, could a moderator/admin please move it?

I have a desktop PC and a laptop both running Mint 21 Cinnamon - both with current updates.

I have recently moved all of my personal files from my desktop PC to a USB hard drive connected to our home server, a Netgear ReadyNAS214, so that I can access them from either PC. The files are now accessed via smb://servername.local/usb_hdd_xx/paul in Nemo.

Despite many attempts at following different instructions, I have not been able to get this to mount automatically at boot on either PC. I'm not too bothered about that though - I have created a bookmark for it in Nemo, and it is only one click at the beginning. I have set up my "Favourites" etc to point at the new location, and all is working as I wanted it to, with files opening, modifying and saving correctly.

One thing that I have noticed though:
After I have opened files stored on the server, and closed them again, they do not appear under "Recent Files" in the Menu if they have been opened via the Favourites menu. If I open the same file going through the folder tree in Nemo, then the files do appear in "Recent Files", as something like "smb: paulsfile.xxx"

Is this to be expected, and is there a way to make my remotely stored files appear in "Recent Files" when they have been opened via Favourites?

In case it is important for this, I only intend to access these files whilst connected to my local network, never over the internet.

TIA

Paul
Last edited by LockBot on Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Other topics”