Bad news about user Husse

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hunkirdowne

Re: Bad news about user Husse

Post by hunkirdowne »

I too have been away from the forum for a few weeks except to check on stuff real quick like. I totally missed the news.

I guess it is a testament to who Husse was that I could get choked up about a man I never had any contact with save for this forum. To say he was a class act is a bit of an understatement. I've seen condolences given to everyone from his family, the Mint development team, and the Mint community. I couldn't agree more. I cannot add to what has been said but wanted to express my own sadness.

What a man. What a loss. I'm better off for having known him as little as I did.
garda

Post by garda »

A fellow Mint user sent me a link to this thread.

I must admit that I'm one of those who got first-class assistance from Husse back in the days when I was still green and knew next to nothing about Mint and Linux in general. He will certainly be in my memory and heart, always.

Condolonces to his family and my prayer is with them.
harrylin

Post by harrylin »

antiquexray wrote:For the first time since its release, I'm sorry Helena is already out...all of a sudden it looks appropriate to have a release of Husse:(
That's an idea - see below! I have not visited this site for some weeks, and now this, I was shocked! :(
"Husse" appears everywhere in this board, there can be no doubt about the big loss for the Linux Mint community. This news made me very sad too.

So, I'd like to follow through on the above suggestion: If -- by any chance -- there happens to be a useful improvement for Helena in the drawers, I think that it would be appropriate to release an intermediate Mint edition called "Husse". :D What do you think?
miket

Post by miket »

Good morning all,

I've not been on the Mint site for a while, however I have had many chats with Mats over a period of time and I have to say how sad I am to hear this news.
Mats was a patient and forgiving man, he would go to any lengths to help anyone he could, if only there were more people like Mats in this world today.

Mats, I like many others, will miss you.

Rest in peace my dear friend.

MikeT.
mr.magoo

Post by mr.magoo »

It's hard to learn of anyone's death, especially someone so helpful to a community. I believe in peace everlasting and hopefully, he found it. :(
cebalrai

Post by cebalrai »

Husse... was the only user on my friends list.

:cry:
brando569

Post by brando569 »

I havent been an active user here in probably about two years since I have since moved on to arch linux/chakra and found out this weekend that one of their Developers Jan (funkyou) died in his sleep on April 24. I was reading through the thread and someone mentioned that Husse had also died recently. Via Google I found Clem's blog post and it saddened me to the point where I was actually tearing up. Husse was a great guy and was always helpful and cheery, I can remember him helping me with my various questions in whatever way possible. Its amazing how much someone can impact your life even though you never actually met them face to face.

You will be greatly missed Husse, rest in peace.....
RytronII
Level 4
Level 4

Post by RytronII »

Rest in peace Husse. You helped many people here. It is not the same without you. :(
Husse: "Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it."
kaddy

Post by kaddy »

Only just found out the news... geez, where have I been???

RIP Mats Geier. you were always in here helping out. You will be missed...

Return to “Other topics”