Firefox add-on window too small in Dutch Linux Mint. -SOLVED

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Duysterwald

Firefox add-on window too small in Dutch Linux Mint. -SOLVED

Post by Duysterwald »

First, I hope that this section of the Linux Mint discussion board is the right place to post this thread, because I don't think this subject qualifies for the "Report bugs"-section of the board (it's more an error in development, if anything). But if I am wrong and this thread belongs in an other section, then please feel free to move it to the appropriate section - I apologise for the inconvenience in that case. :?

Well, I use the 64-bit version of Linux Mint 8 - in my native language (Dutch). I use Firefox by default. Whenever I install an add-on or have some of my existing add-ons updated and am thereafter told that I have to restart Firefox, I notice that the add-on window is just a little bit too small. Meaning, some of the text disappears. Please click here in order to see a screenshot of what I mean exactly. :)

I did not have this problem when I used Firefox in Windows XP, and it is not specific to Linux Mint 8 (since I recall that this problem already existed in Linux Mint 7 as well). The only possible cause that I can think of, is that the Linux-friendly version of Firefox is designed for the English language, and not for a language with longer words such as Dutch. I mean, windows are made in a certain size that will be more than enough for English words and sentences, but not for Dutch words and sentences, if you see what I mean. At least, that is the impression that I got - please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. :)

I realise that this is not a problem of pivotal importance, but I do hope that someone will be able to fix it (by e.g. fixing parameters or pixel sizes of windows) in the hopefully not-so-distant future. :) Either way, thank you for taking the time to listen to me and please keep up the good work with Linux Mint. :D 8)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Firefox add-on window too small in Dutch Linux Mint.

Post by remoulder »

This is not a mint or even a linux problem. See http://ohioloco.ubuntuforums.org/showth ... ?t=1150367 for an extended discussion.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Duysterwald

Re: Firefox add-on window too small in Dutch Linux Mint.

Post by Duysterwald »

remoulder wrote:This is not a mint or even a linux problem. See http://ohioloco.ubuntuforums.org/showth ... ?t=1150367 for an extended discussion.
Thank you for response - at least I now know that I am not alone. :) It is sad that this aspect of Firefox does not work out of the box on Linux Mint (which must then indeed be Firefox's fault) and that I have to make manual changes to solve the problem, but at least I know what to do about it now. Consider this thread solved. ;)

Return to “Other topics”