Lightscribe wont burn on lightscribe drives

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
joiner
Level 1
Level 1

Lightscribe wont burn on lightscribe drives

Post by joiner »

Having trouble burning to lightscribe CD/DVD drives i have 3 lightscribe drives, get message saying a communication error with the lightscribe drive, please restart the lightscribe simple labeller, which i did on all 3 drives, been to the lightscribe site looking for a driver but cant find any, tested my 3 drives all work with music and pictures on CDs and DVD disks, on my computer
dawgdoc
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Lightscribe wont burn on lightscribe drives

Post by dawgdoc »

HERE is a link to the lightscribe downloads page for linux. The Lightscribe System Software needs to be installed before any labeling application is. As you follow the links, make sure you grab .deb packages and not rpm packages. If you installed the Label application prior to the system software, you will probably need to completely remove both of them and reinstall in the correct order.

HERE is a link to an Ubuntu tutorial to enable lightscribe labeling. It has links to the above Lightscribe System Software and the Simple Labeling Application. It also has a link to the LaCie labeling application, which I use more than lightscribe simple labeler.
SYSTEMS:
HP 15-bw0017cl -- Mint 19.3 Cinnamon
Compaq Presario CQ62 -- Mint 17 Cinnamon (support for 80 y/o family members 1st install)
READING:
The Secret of the Ninth Planet by Donald A. Wollheim

Return to “Other topics”