Stupid command line feature

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

taishi28012 wrote:Take a few jokes? I don't think racial slurs, insults to my heritage and jabs at my religion are jokes.
Oh dear. Chill out. Those "fortunes" are collections of things that the creators of the program picked up over the years. The important thing is: There are various cookie "packages", e.g. hilarious quotes from spam messages ("You will be very hard today ...." <== Exactly what I need to know when I login :lol: ), Star Trek, more or less intelligent quotes from more or less intelligent people (e.g. "It's easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." ...), and then there are a few loads of "politically incorrect" ones. And "fortune" can be fine-tuned, e.g. not to display offensive quotes ... or only to display offensive quotes. Mine is setup to display whatever it wants.

As for "racial slurs" and "insults to my heritage" ... Oh dear: If you are so easily offended by a stupid brainless program (it *is* a stupid program and there is not the slightest bit of "artificial intelligence" behind it) --I mean it's not like someone with a plan in their mind is insulting you on purpose-- then you better uninstall this thing before you get too angry and smash your computer or something like that. And get over your complexes :D

Code: Select all

If he once again pushes up his sleeves in order to compute for 3 days
and 3 nights in a row, he will spend a quarter of an hour before to
think which principles of computation shall be most appropriate.
                -- Voltaire, "Diatribe du docteur Akakia"

Gentlemen, I want you to know that I am not always right, but I am
  never wrong. -Samuel Goldwyn
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nick »

antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

In every joke someone or something is the butt of that joke (racial, gay, ethnicisity, religious, etc.). If it is directed at me, and it happens to good joke, I can see the humor in that. However, how many out there take offense at being the subject of such an happenstance but laugh when it is directed at others?
frank392
Level 4
Level 4

Post by frank392 »

just ignore them no one is forcing you to read the jokes
Last edited by frank392 on Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

nick wrote: You could use the BOFH fortunes for sys admins :)
Yeap, I have that package too ... You can get it via 'apt': Install the package fortunes-bofh-excuses

BOFH excuse #437:

crop circles in the corn shell

Return to “Other topics”