compiz beryl and desktop effects, how far will you go?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sml
Level 1
Level 1

Re: compiz beryl and desktop effects, how far will you go?

Post by sml »

completely agree .. well almost. you use a few small features. i dont use any. it doesn't help me at all. as an example, what is the benefit of having a smooth transition as a screen fades out and another back in. i would much rather an instant & responsive flash as the new screen loads efficiently. waste of time.

time would be much better spent increasing the stability and reliability of the linux foundation. sure it works fine, if you pick the right hardware. i have a very very common intel 915 based notebook. with ubuntu 7.10 - sound and wireless was broken. often an upgrade with any distro might break an application. with mint 4 i still cant get skype working after 15 hrs of work. fine for me as i can handle some linux pain. not good for widespread adotion of linux. a solid & reliable foundation is needed!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Other topics”