Debian Weirdness....

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
wwoof
Level 1
Level 1

Debian Weirdness....

Post by wwoof » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:18 am

I posted here and in chat months ago about losing my screen resolution. It became set at a default 1024X748(?) and nobody had a fix. Well, last week we had a brown out and my computer died in mid-session. When I restarted it booted back up and the old, preferred resolution WAS THERE! In fact, the display settings even showed the my monitors name and gave me options on the resolution! It seems peculiar that a 'shock to the system' is what fixed it....but why?

Late last week I rebooted the system and all of a sudden my right button on my track ball no longer worked! I tried setting, too a ball peen hammer to the track ball and NOTHING. No right button. Then, in frustration, I rebooted to XP and the same problem followed. I was convinced of a track ball failure so I cut it off for the night. About 12 hours later I fired it up and everything was working! Did the trackball need a rest? So weird.

I'm using a SSD and wonder if this might have something to do with it?

Do you have a weird experience to share?

lmintnewb
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Debian Weirdness....

Post by lmintnewb » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:22 am

LMAO ... no, but's that's funny as hades n thanks for sharing. Gotta love an operating system when ya never know what you're going to get. It's like a never ending adventure in softwareland. :lol: Hmmmm, you are clear for take off PC user, press power button when ready to launch. What will happen today !?!!? D:

Return to “Other topics”