Upgrade XFCE Cassandra to Beta? Or Wait?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
adamt222
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrade XFCE Cassandra to Beta? Or Wait?

Post by adamt222 »

Hi all - thanks also to Husse who suggested I also post my question here in General Help.
I originally made post on page: http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... FCE#p52150

Question: Is it easy/worthwhile to upgrade from XFCE Cassandra to the CE XFCE BETA?
Or is it better to wait until the Daryna release of XFCE, download & burn the iso,
then perform the upgrade?

My main requirement is that I don't want to lose any files I've created (via new install) or server settings, I just want to upgrade the OS.
Also, I really don't want to use other partitions, I'd like the machine to just use 1 distro at a time.

Thanks,
Adam
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Upgrade XFCE Cassandra to Beta? Or Wait?

Post by merlwiz79 »

Cassandra XFCE is stable and Daryna XFCE has a few bugs that cause it to use way to much resources.
Also Daryna Xfce is BETA and Should only be used for testing to find bugs, to make the stable edition.
After I find and fix the bugs I will make and upgrade guide to upgrade from Cassandra to Daryna.
adamt222
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Upgrade XFCE Cassandra to Beta? Or Wait?

Post by adamt222 »

That's great advice merlwiz79 -

I'll wait for the Official release (and of course view the upgrading guide).

Thanks also for the fast response!
Adam

Return to “Other topics”