no image, booting normal

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zeroRepent

no image, booting normal

Post by zeroRepent »

Hi
I've used Linux mint for a while now (it's great!), however something strange happened this morning. I will try to explain however my knowledge about linux is quite limited. I started my laptop as usual, but efter the linux mint loading screen, the whole screens becomes the terminal and tells me to enter username, pas... etc.. and that about it, Commands such as ls works, but x (think the gui is called that doesn't seem to start but I can't find any errors indicating that).

It says "trying to boot from dev/sda3/... /.../blalalalalaaa../blaablabla.../blabla/[insert a lot of numbers and letters here]"
then
"no image, booting as normal".

It worked yesterday evening, and now suddenly it doesn't work :( I tried to remove som file's, because I thought that I might have to little space left for linux to boot normally, but doesnt seem to work any way :(
And if it helps any, I'm using linux mint kde ce 044 beta. I'd like to solve this as quick as possible, and I really don't want to reinstall and formating the hardrive got a lot of stuff on that partition, and have a lot of work to do still... :cry:

I'll appreciate every clue on how to solve this problem.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zeroRepent

Re: no image, booting normal

Post by zeroRepent »

Sorry it should be "no resume image, booting as normal"

Return to “Other topics”