Adding a repository [Solved]

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
jasmac
Level 2
Level 2

Adding a repository [Solved]

Postby jasmac » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:55 am

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could help me, my ISP, Internode in Australia, provide a mirror for Ubuntu and I would like to add this into my repository list, as it would enable me to download without it going against my quota, as we is Aus use monthly quotas and not bandwidth. I have tried a few variations of adding a repository but being fairly new to this am unable to get it to work. Would someone be able to help please. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Jason
Last edited by jasmac on Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dell D810, 2000mb ram, pentium M, ATI 128mb

belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Adding a repository

Postby belovedmonster » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:43 am

You want to add the Ubuntu software repositories? They are already included in Mint since Mint is based on Ubuntu.

jasmac
Level 2
Level 2

Postby jasmac » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:11 am

Hi belovedmonster, yeah I know that mint is ubuntu based, the thing is that the repositories I want to add a mirrored here on a local server by my Isp. If I can add these repositories, when I download any programs or extras that I may want, it does not go against my monthly download quota, as it is a free service provided by my Isp. They keep the mirror service up to date, and with ubuntu itself there is an option to change the server location that you can use. So that is pretty much what I am after and I would prefer to stay with Mint as I find it a lot more polished and nicer on the eyes.

Cheers

Jason

MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Postby MagnusB » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:47 am

Copy and paste from a sources.list using ubuntu with that repo. If you are using Daryna, make sure they are Gutsy repos. If you know how to add in Ubuntu, there should be no difference in Mint..
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin

jasmac
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Adding a repository [Solved]

Postby jasmac » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:54 pm

Hi all, thanks for the replies. I have marked this as solved as I am going OS for a while making where I download from a moot point.

Cheers

Jason

Return to “Other topics”