Export Excel to HTML

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
lotech
Level 2
Level 2

Export Excel to HTML

Post by lotech »

I don't know if this is the right place to ask. I am looking for a way to export Excel file to HTML, I need to export small and simple tables with pure Chinese text to HTML, this can be done with Excel, Openoffice and Gnumeric, but they need heavy editing. Excel creates huge file with lot of unneeded codes, Openoffice heavily use of style sheet which IE completely ignored, and Gnumeric itself is unstable keep crashing especially with non English characters. I want to export the Excel to HTML so that both FF and IE will reproduce correctly, the way I do it now is to export with OO, and then edit with Kompozer, then remove unneeded style tags, but there is always extra spacing between characters I need to manually remove as well, I wonder if anyone can think of a better way to do the conversion ?
Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only ;p
Husse
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Export Excel to HTML

Post by Husse »

Try to use HTML kit to clean out the code (google for it - there is a Linux version of it)
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
lotech
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Export Excel to HTML

Post by lotech »

Thanks I'll look for it :)
Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only ;p

Return to “Other topics”