Hello from Strathalbyn, South Australia

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
paddys-hill
Level 1
Level 1
Location: All over the Adelaide Hills and Fleurio region of South Australia

Hello from Strathalbyn, South Australia

Post by paddys-hill »

Hi there,

Paddys-Hill Co-op is a group of linux users and developers from the Adelaide, Adelaide Hills and Fleurio regions in South Australia. We are comprised mainly of (ahem) "experience advantaged" people who act as a co-op to develop and share software primarily using Gambas. Some of our work is commercial and/or closed user-group but most of it is for fun and to further the Gambas language.

We are and have been since 2016 a distributed workplace, using a VPN to collaborate and share our code repository.

After some weeks of struggling to come to terms with recent Xorg and x11-driver updates that apparently just will not work on our shared servers, we are now moving to a Mint based system.

I am the co-ordinator, so to speak, of this herd of cats and primary maintainer/administrator of our servers..
So, hello and please forgive the multitude of probably dumb questions to follow as I wade through the Chasms of Implementation.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Paddys-Hill Co-op co-ordinator & sysadmin
Acer Aspire A315-21G (AMD A9-9420 RADEON R5) running 5.11.0-22-generic
Distro: Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa DE:Cinnamon 4.8.6 WM: muffin 4.8.1 DM: LightDM 1.30.0
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Hello from Strathalbyn, South Australia

Post by wallyUSA »

Welcome pappdys-hill, many members here to help with Mint.

UPDATE:

This is a great resource for answers and suggestions to your questions and issues. You may even find your own answer(s) by using the SEARCH option above.

Most all answers about how to use the forum can be found via the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Please provide your hardware and software info with your technical issues. Post the results of the following command

Code: Select all

inxi –Fxxxrz 
from the command line in between code tags (see button above the text box of your post, next to quote mark).
Last edited by wallyUSA on Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-105 Cinn 6.0.4
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the forum.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello paddys-hill,
Welcome to Linux Mint Forums, Enjoy! :)
Sounds like and interesting group. You will find the help need here I'm sure and will also be a great asset to the community.
Cheers!
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Hi paddys-hill ,
welcome to our forum.
:)

you will find that there is an number of LinuxMint Users, here in Australia.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
paddys-hill
Level 1
Level 1
Location: All over the Adelaide Hills and Fleurio region of South Australia

Post by paddys-hill »

Thanks all for the hello's.

Well, after a couple of days and a few answers from the forum inhabitants, I have almost got my "front end toolbox laptop" that I use to manage the servers, up and working the way I want. ( I won't discuss the one major issue here as "Ev*l*t**n" may be a swear word when I use it! )

Many more questions to come in the days ahead as I start to move into migrating the severs to Mint.

cheers!
bb
Paddys-Hill Co-op co-ordinator & sysadmin
Acer Aspire A315-21G (AMD A9-9420 RADEON R5) running 5.11.0-22-generic
Distro: Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa DE:Cinnamon 4.8.6 WM: muffin 4.8.1 DM: LightDM 1.30.0
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, paddys-hill!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to Linux Mint Forums
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Introduce Yourself”