New to Linux, New to Mint, New to forum!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ken Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

New to Linux, New to Mint, New to forum!

Post by Ken Thomas »

Hi All,

I am Ken Thomas, a retired electronics design engineer. Actually, I'm somewhat retired. Seems I can't quite escape! Some of the customers from where I retired from followed me home.

In any event, I have become totally dismayed at Windows and want something better; something non-commercial. I have recently discovered Mint, installed it and just love it! I love how it makes my "old" slow machine fast and agile again!

However, I am struggling, but I expected that. I expect to be asking lots of questions.

Thanks for being here!

Ken
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shedyed
Level 4
Level 4

Re: New to Linux, New to Mint, New to forum!

Post by shedyed »

Welcome aboard Ken!

The board index lists rules and notices; you don't want to miss viewtopic.php?f=17&t=83444 How to get help, you'd want to present the problem properly, and your issue could get resolved faster this way.
smawgmaw
Level 2
Level 2

Post by smawgmaw »

Welcome to the forum, welcome to the world of Linux and welcome to LinuxMint!
motoryzen
Level 10
Level 10

Post by motoryzen »

shedyed made a good point. Adding to that..specifically step 5

inxi -Fxxxrz

That is your friend as it saves much time and speculation ( even if there is a small chance the info that command provides might not seem coherent at the moment or beginning of any conversations of any help requests you might post in the future). It also doesn't post any personally identifiable info.

The Foxclone dev , AndyMH, is a fairly active forum member here and has helped out many with not just system back up issues.

Smurphos, KadaitchaMan, Xenopeek, rene, smg, and dozens of others I can't recall at the moment have all helped many over the past 5 + years I've kept up ( many of those longer than 10 now)

I try also, but I still have MUCH to learn even though I've been using LM Cinnamon off and on for over 10 years ( slow learner here honestly)
Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 5.8.4
asrock x570 taichi ...bios p5.00
ryzen 5900x
128GB Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz
Corsair mp600 pro xt NVME ssd 4TB
three 4TB ssds
dual 1TB ssds
Two 16TB Toshiba hdd's
24GB amd 7900xtx vid card
Viewsonic Elite UHD 32" 144hz monitor
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello Ken,
Welcome to the Linux Mint forums, enjoy the journey! :)
Good to have you here and here is the place to asks any questions that may arise. There are many good folks willing to share and help.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the forum,
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Introduce Yourself”