New to Mint but not Linux

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
autodctr
Level 1
Level 1

New to Mint but not Linux

Post by autodctr »

Been using Xubuntu since 2008. However, the new Xubuntu 22.04 is having issues with nVidia. It actually comes with the 515 driver already installed, but it says that it is a manually installed driver. Weird. Anyways, it doesn't work well with my 2 monitor setup. I have one monitor situated above the other one, but it likes to put about 1/6 of the screen on the bottom monitor and portions of the rest of the desktop on the upper monitor. The nVidia driver cannot be removed or replaced....kinda locked in. After many re-installs, I finally gave up and figured I would look at Mint. So far, so good. Hopefully I will be able to get involved in this forum......I had about 3,000 posts in the ubuntu forums.
kc1di
Level 17
Level 17

Re: New to Mint but not Linux

Post by kc1di »

Hello autodctr,
Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums, enjoy the Journey! :)

I'm sure with your experience you will be of help to others and If need be there is a great group of people here willing to help.
Last edited by kc1di on Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
smawgmaw
Level 2
Level 2

Post by smawgmaw »

Welcome to the forum and Linux Mint!
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the forum
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help, and keeps the forum clean.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 20.3 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 20.3 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Introduce Yourself”