Learin in Trouble

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
NoMoney+learlinux
Level 1
Level 1

Learin in Trouble

Post by NoMoney+learlinux »

I was graduating and writing about criminology, it was my final paper, which would be kept forever in the academic record. Then I got hacked and lost all cloud logs, and my HD couldn't withstand all the fuss and formatting and burned. I almost took my life. I already knew linux and decided that it would be a priority to learn in depth, because I don't have the money to buy software like Windows, because I need to buy food first. And even windows at its best could not be more secure than Linux. I thought. But I became paranoid, changed the subject of my work and decided to write a scientific article. The scientific article was about the need to protect human rights in the digital world. I published it through the university where I graduated.

It's been 1 year since everything happened, and until last week I was still using a notebook without keys, and my "Deathtop". Basically this paranoia made me so depressed that I became a distrohoper. But Mint has always been my work environment. I became the king of flash drives. With 2 x 16 GB and a 32 GB I suffered learning partitions, configuration, updating and many functions. I still think someone who doesn't like me does a targeted attack, as weird things happen all the time even on Linux. But I got over it and learned to use the system more, and notice the details less. I want to write a thesis for my application at the university, where I intend to do a master's degree in digital law. I hope I don't bother you too much, and sorry for my English translated in GTranslate. I'm here because in addition, I saw the power that linux has, even when we have little hardware power. I would love to spread this so that it could be applied in education to young people in poor countries. And I also need to ask questions, and be free of this paranoia.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Learin in Trouble

Post by Cosmo. »

Especially with this background don't forget 2 steps:

#1 Backup your user data, at best daily.

#2 Use Timeshift to save the current state of your system.
Gotcha!
NoMoney+learlinux
Level 1
Level 1

Post by NoMoney+learlinux »

Thanks a lot for the tips. :D
motoryzen
Level 7
Level 7

Post by motoryzen »

Indeed...also when you get the cash or if someone can gift it to you, target a separate drive with a Foxclone system image backup or clone at least once every 90 days when you confirm everything about your system is working like a champ ....

AndyMH ( who is an active forum member here) is the developer for that great piece of software and it has yet to fail me in the two years I've been using it
Primary rig:
asrock x570 taichi
ryzen 5900x
128GB of kingston fury at 3600mhz 1.44 volts 20-20-20 ( I forgot the rest) 1T timings
corsair mp600 pro xt NVME ssd 4TB
8GB rx580 sapphire nitro+ video card
Viewsonic Elite UHD 32" 144hz monitor
ricardogroetaers
Level 6
Level 6

Post by ricardogroetaers »

NoMoney+learlinux wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:19 pm
.... sorry for my English translated in GTranslate. ....
Use "Deepl", the translations seem to be more accurate.
kc1di
Level 17
Level 17

Post by kc1di »

Hello NoMoney+learlinux,
Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums, You will find much help here. Sorry for your computing problems. It's always a very wise idea to back everything up as I'm sure you realize now. But now you have learned that lesson. Enjoy the journey!
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums,
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 20.3 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 20.3 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Introduce Yourself”