Just switched Linux camps

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iFargle

Just switched Linux camps

Post by iFargle »

Hello everyone.

I've been a long-time Ubuntu fan, but ever since Unity became mainstream (and Gnome 2 bit the dust) my interest in the distribution had been waning.

I've ran a Mint server for the past couple of years and played with different distributions thrown in for good measure (Ubuntu Server, Slackware, and CentOS in particular), I've always come back to Mint for one reason or another.

More about me: I'm a University student in the United States studying Computer Science and Computer Information Systems. I currently work as IT support at a school district where we sadly use 99.9% Microsoft services (Active Directory, SMB shares, Microsoft Office, etc).

I am a moderator over on http://www.tech-forums.net, so I'm definitely not new to how forums operate. (Shameless plug) It's a good site full of good people. If you're looking for a general tech forum, that's the place to go ;)

Anyways, I'll be lurking and occasionally posting. I hope to learn a great deal during my stay.

Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sammiev

Re: Just switched Linux camps

Post by sammiev »

Welcome iFargle to the Mint Forums. It seems you know your way around. :D
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Yep Welcome and be sure to share your experiences and knowledge would be appreciated.
jesica

Post by jesica »

:mrgreen:

Good day and welcome to Linux Mint,

Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”