Welcome Ladies - post here :)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
WharfRat

Re: Welcome Ladies - post here :)

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Nicole Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
lacewing

Post by lacewing »

Hello! I just posted to introduce myself in the general 'introductions' forum ... but I'll post here too, to represent. It is nice to get a sense of how many women are already involved here. Not only are typical roles for women still in the process of changing, we're some of the ones changing them :)

Beyond getting more into such things myself, I'm thinking of making learning to deeply understand and modify an operating system (like Linux Mint) a project for girls in an afterschool program I work with sometimes. Right now, they are mostly a service organisation with a FEW learning projects each year, so it may be a stretch, but if I ever get an actual set of resources or 'curriculum' together for that, I'll be sure to report back here.

For other vague biographical information, in addition to being female, I am in the US, mid 20s, speak English and Spanish, and am very much about collaborative projects. About sums it all up, right?
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Hello lacewing! It's so good to have you on board. Your idea for an afterschool project sounds awesome!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re:

Post by catweazel »

lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:33 pm Not only are typical roles for women still in the process of changing, we're some of the ones changing them :)
Welcome, and I fully agree. It's about time. There are some of us who, when looking at a person, see a person, not a gender :)

It's good to have you aboard, and I hope you can start contributing to the community.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
MariaJones80

Post by MariaJones80 »

Hello everyone, My name is Maria and I'm new here :)
Metuka
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Metuka »

Hola from Spain!
I've been toying with the idea of getting Linux for my laptop for a while since the thing is getting slower by the minute. I've just downloaded the Cinnamon flavor and I'm currently backing up the massive amount of stuff stored in my hard drive. I've already installed the XCFE version in a *really* old notebook and it works just fine, so I'm really eager to try Cinnamon. I hope I'm not too clumsy :oops:
Avatar by photojenni on Trend Hype.com
lia_lee

Post by lia_lee »

Hello!
I'm Lia Lee, a Brazilian living in France and... yeah, new bee in Linux - and very lady! :D Thanks for wellcoming!
Qyifal

Post by Qyifal »

I'm a noob to Linux Mint 19 Tina. and female.. though I'm a noob to Linux in general as I mostly work with Windows 10 though there was a bat of time where I was using MacOS because I had an Apple laptop the Ibook... but that is really the stretch of OS's that I have worked with before trying out Linux Mint Tina on the current laptop that I'm on. I do like it indeed but seems a bit limited to me as well but then again I probably haven't learned enough to really know what all Linux can do so that is probably why it's a bit limited to me as well as my knowledge is pretty limited as well.

yay for noobs.
JustinMylo

Post by JustinMylo »

Good to see this, i feel less alone in this masculin world :P
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

Another new female member here although I've been doing some posting and lurking here already. I'm new to Linux Mint (being one of the dreaded Win 7 refugees) but I'm bound and determined to get comfortable with it since there is no way in..no way I'm going back to MS and Windows.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
Flaeryn
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Flaeryn »

Hello.

I just set up my computer to dual boot Linux Mint and Win 10 the other day (I may roll back to Win 7, though) and decided to register here today. Currently trying to decide what to do with my older (bought in 2011) gaming laptop that has Win 7 also. Don't really like what MS has been doing and haven't really booted my PC into Win 10 since I installed Linux on it.
Desktop: Win 10 / Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon | MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.50 GHz Six-Core | Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB | MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel| 1TB HDD
Inundated
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Inundated »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:06 pm Another new female member here although I've been doing some posting and lurking here already. I'm new to Linux Mint (being one of the dreaded Win 7 refugees) but I'm bound and determined to get comfortable with it since there is no way in..no way I'm going back to MS and Windows.
I assume you're the Lady Fitzgerald I see on the EzeeLinux forum? :D

Welcome over here!
LAPTOP: HP - Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon via SSD with Windows 11 on hardware
DESKTOP: Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 SFF- Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (on hold for now)
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

Inundated wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:53 am
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:06 pm Another new female member here although I've been doing some posting and lurking here already. I'm new to Linux Mint (being one of the dreaded Win 7 refugees) but I'm bound and determined to get comfortable with it since there is no way in..no way I'm going back to MS and Windows.
I assume you're the Lady Fitzgerald I see on the EzeeLinux forum? :D

Welcome over here!
:lol: Guilty as charged! Thanks!
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
sarahjay

Post by sarahjay »

I'm going to post here because why not?

Hi! I'm Sarah. This isn't my first time using a Linux distro; back in the day I used Ubuntu all through college on my low-power netbook (remember those?) and I loved it. But I was by no means a Linux expert, and I'm still not. I'm still very green.

Which is why I'm here! My husband talked me into installing a fresh distro to an older Dell laptop and suffice to say I'm excited and ready to finally learn how to be Linux proficient.

I bet I ask a bunch of questions. Thanks for having me!
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Sarah Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
RNella8

Post by RNella8 »

Hello All :)

I'm a newbie who's been using Windows for 30+ years (that shows my age :) ) . I've been in IT for some time doing mostly 1st line and some 2nd line support/training. I'm now trying to get a handle on Linux Mate. I'd very much like to run Mate on my laptop and desktop, weaning off slowly from Windows 10. This is a truly new adventure :)

Home is in London (UK) for the past 36 years. We'll see what the future has in store.

Happy Minting :)
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Welcome RNella8! It sounds to me like you'll do fine on Mint.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Welcome to the new ladies from a bloke. :D
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15