Welcome Ladies - post here :)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
kdemeoz
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Welcome Ladies - post here :)

Postby kdemeoz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:50 am

Hi Zoey. Gosh but [if i haven't stuffed up the timezone difference] it's extremely late where you are to make your inaugural post. :) Welcome here, & welcome to Linux after the Windows darkness :lol:
openSUSE Tumbleweed Plasma 5.11.3, & Manjaro KDE 5.11.4 [Mint 17.x KDE4 2014-2016]

ZoeyGlobe
Level 1
Level 1

Postby ZoeyGlobe » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:08 am

kdemeoz wrote:Hi Zoey. Gosh but [if i haven't stuffed up the timezone difference] it's extremely late where you are to make your inaugural post. :) Welcome here, & welcome to Linux after the Windows darkness :lol:

You are correct, my sleep-cycle hasn't been great recently (as always), but I'm working on getting it back to normal. Thanks for the welcome, I'm glad to be here :)

Moem
Level 12
Level 12

Postby Moem » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:51 am

Hello Zoey, welcome aboard! :D

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

moonlitwish1
Level 1
Level 1

Postby moonlitwish1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Hello, ladies! I just spent this past weekend adding Linux Mint to my machines. It saved a "vintage" Macbook from the garbage! It was 8 years old before it stopped booting OS X, but this morning booted up Linux Mint like a champ! This has me very excited & I'm hoping some smaller distributions will save an old netbook and Gateway laptop too, but I haven't gotten that far along in my journey. I just hate seeing things go to waste. Since I basically have no idea what I'm doing (I haven't tried to write code in almost 2 decades and was totally under the point and click spell of Apple) I will probably need help at some point. I'm going to learn this thing inside and out, command line and all. I'll probably crash a few computers. It'll be a fun adventure!

WharfRat
Level 20
Level 20

Postby WharfRat » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:38 pm

Hello moonlitwish1 Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
Image ImageImage

Moem
Level 12
Level 12

Postby Moem » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:31 am

Welcome moonlitwish1! I love your attitude! :D

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

jimallyn
Level 16
Level 16

Postby jimallyn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:48 pm

moonlitwish1 wrote:I'm hoping some smaller distributions will save an old netbook and Gateway laptop too

They will. I have antiX running on a computer that had Win98 on it when I got it, and it runs surprisingly well. One of these days I need to make a list of lightweight Linux distributions, or find one on the internet and bookmark it, because this comes up all the time. Let's see, there is also LXLE, and Bodhi has a "Legacy" version for older computers. Lots of lightweight distros out there. Welcome to Linux Mint! Your attitude tells me you will soon be a great resource to others here.

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Introduce yourself”