Welcome Ladies - post here :)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kdemeoz

Re: Welcome Ladies - post here :)

Post by kdemeoz »

Hi Zoey. Gosh but [if i haven't stuffed up the timezone difference] it's extremely late where you are to make your inaugural post. :) Welcome here, & welcome to Linux after the Windows darkness :lol:
ZoeyGlobe
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ZoeyGlobe »

kdemeoz wrote:Hi Zoey. Gosh but [if i haven't stuffed up the timezone difference] it's extremely late where you are to make your inaugural post. :) Welcome here, & welcome to Linux after the Windows darkness :lol:
You are correct, my sleep-cycle hasn't been great recently (as always), but I'm working on getting it back to normal. Thanks for the welcome, I'm glad to be here :)
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Hello Zoey, welcome aboard! :D

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
moonlitwish1

Post by moonlitwish1 »

Hello, ladies! I just spent this past weekend adding Linux Mint to my machines. It saved a "vintage" Macbook from the garbage! It was 8 years old before it stopped booting OS X, but this morning booted up Linux Mint like a champ! This has me very excited & I'm hoping some smaller distributions will save an old netbook and Gateway laptop too, but I haven't gotten that far along in my journey. I just hate seeing things go to waste. Since I basically have no idea what I'm doing (I haven't tried to write code in almost 2 decades and was totally under the point and click spell of Apple) I will probably need help at some point. I'm going to learn this thing inside and out, command line and all. I'll probably crash a few computers. It'll be a fun adventure!
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello moonlitwish1 Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Welcome moonlitwish1! I love your attitude! :D

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

moonlitwish1 wrote:I'm hoping some smaller distributions will save an old netbook and Gateway laptop too
They will. I have antiX running on a computer that had Win98 on it when I got it, and it runs surprisingly well. One of these days I need to make a list of lightweight Linux distributions, or find one on the internet and bookmark it, because this comes up all the time. Let's see, there is also LXLE, and Bodhi has a "Legacy" version for older computers. Lots of lightweight distros out there. Welcome to Linux Mint! Your attitude tells me you will soon be a great resource to others here.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
draak1955

Post by draak1955 »

Thank you all, fore make my member i 'm draak1955. Yes it's better then old windows x86 (in my systems) Yes aim happy, Thanks fore be member of Linux-mint 18.3 Silvia. Yep sometimes, Chains is Better. greetings draak1955
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Welcome Draak1955, I have a feeling that we may be from the same country! :D

draak1955

Post by draak1955 »

maybe Netherlander all think, groetjes draak1955
peridot7

Post by peridot7 »

Count me among the ladies now emerging from "Win-dohs" darkness :D

Glad to be here!
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

peridot7 wrote:Count me among the ladies now emerging from "Win-dohs" darkness :D

Glad to be here!
Welcome to light :D
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello draak1955 Image

msfullroller

Post by msfullroller »

Hello! Just joined the forum today though I've been reading or come here when I have an issue for about 3 years now. Full-time Mint user on one HP manufactured in 2009 and another manufactured in 2013! I'm also running the Legacy Bodhi on a machine manufactured in 2001, though I only use that machine for my husband as his video watcher. lol :)
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello msfullroller Image

msfullroller

Post by msfullroller »

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm here on the forum again looking for answers to a problem and was delighted to see this post about other Linux Ladies!! :lol:
Sietske

Post by Sietske »

Hi another lady here, also in London :-D
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Welcome Sietske, it's great to have you here! :D

monotreme

Post by monotreme »

Greetings from Mississippi! No need to fear, the creepy banjo stuff only happens on days that end in y :mrgreen:

I'm completely brand new to Linux. I've used Windows, Mac, and Chrome OSes but so far 18.3 Slyvia is my favorite. I wish I could get Visual Studio 15 for school, but otherwise I have no complaints.
sylvia2406

Welcome Ladies - post here :)

Post by sylvia2406 »

I am a retired IT (Windows) female residing in Essex UK. I have built many PC workstations for friends and family over the years and still keep busy helping them when they need assistance.

I first tried several Linux distros about 10 years ago, and boy, what a slog it was in those days. I managed to get some of them up and running but found that I was only tinkering with them and not actually doing any work so I returned to Windows.

With the upcoming expiry of Win 7 and the miserable future offered by Win 10 I thought I would have another attempt at Linux.
I did some research, watched loads of YouTube videos, checked to see if I had compatible hardware and then decided on Linux Mint as my first choice.

I installed it the other day and was flabbergasted that the installation went like a dream and gave me no problems at all.
Now I have to learn how to use it.

I have only one application that I will miss (AudiobookCutterPro) to split my audiobooks into 15 minute chunks. I have another topic for that: Program to split mp3 audiobooks in 15 minute files

I believe Linux Mint will do everything else I need and I am looking forward to the learning process.
Last edited by xenopeek on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: created new topic for the AudiobookCutterPro problem and added link to it

Return to “Introduce Yourself”