Welcome Ladies - post here :)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Welcome Ladies - post here :)

Post by WharfRat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:27 pm

Hello Nicole Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
ImageImage

lacewing
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lacewing » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:33 pm

Hello! I just posted to introduce myself in the general 'introductions' forum ... but I'll post here too, to represent. It is nice to get a sense of how many women are already involved here. Not only are typical roles for women still in the process of changing, we're some of the ones changing them :)

Beyond getting more into such things myself, I'm thinking of making learning to deeply understand and modify an operating system (like Linux Mint) a project for girls in an afterschool program I work with sometimes. Right now, they are mostly a service organisation with a FEW learning projects each year, so it may be a stretch, but if I ever get an actual set of resources or 'curriculum' together for that, I'll be sure to report back here.

For other vague biographical information, in addition to being female, I am in the US, mid 20s, speak English and Spanish, and am very much about collaborative projects. About sums it all up, right?

Moem
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Welcome Ladies - post here :)

Post by Moem » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:55 am

Hello lacewing! It's so good to have you on board. Your idea for an afterschool project sounds awesome!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re:

Post by catweazel » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:00 am

lacewing wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:33 pm
Not only are typical roles for women still in the process of changing, we're some of the ones changing them :)
Welcome, and I fully agree. It's about time. There are some of us who, when looking at a person, see a person, not a gender :)

It's good to have you aboard, and I hope you can start contributing to the community.
¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı buıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ os ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ɯoɹɟ ɯ,ı

Return to “Introduce yourself”