Betsy lover...

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
shabah
Level 1
Level 1

Betsy lover...

Postby shabah » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi all!!

I've been a reader of this forum for years, but just recently created an account. About presentation, tried to find another post to reply, but seemed fair to just start one. So here is a history of a Linux lover, from the beginning.

I used to install software and repair crashed computers back then... when worked with Novel Netware 3x and Win 3.11 (if I recall correctly). I do not qualify as a linux expert, am not a programmer, but am not a noob too. :)

My first distros was ignored versions of Red-Hat and Slackware, and Debian 2 (Hamm). Later, Conectiva Red Hat Linux Marumbi 2.0, Mandrake, --a learning gap experimenting Knoppix, and a commercial copy of Conectiva Linux 6.0 Desktop (still have the box).

At work: Windows, Unix, Solaris, and others. And then at home, Mandriva, and finally SUSE Linux 9.1. After that, trials with Debian, OpenSUSE, KUbuntu, Dreamlinux and, the search for usability without the pain to configure every aspect of the OS got me to Ubuntu where I relaxed for some years (from 6 to 12 LTS) and could use it as my work computer. Since Ubuntu 7, I use only Linux.

I repaired computers for a living and learning, and I often played with System Rescue CD, Clonezilla Live, Rescatux, F4UBCD, Hirens, etc... and more recently, CAINE. Whonix and Tails has their space, and have copies of Slax, Knoppix Adrienne, and others... in a VM of distance. :lol:

I have a little crush on Fedora, Sabayon, Trisquel, but more for Manjaro. :wink: And now Devuan is planned to be played in my spare time. And maybe Salix and Epidemic too.

After Ubuntu adopted Unity DE, I started to look for a new home. Started with SolydXK, until Linux Mint 17. So I felled in love with Qiana. :D But I was not satisfied yet. :twisted: Betrayed her with Jessie since its start as testing.

Then, I discovered Linux Mint Debian Editon 1, and all my dreams came true. :mrgreen: Now I have a stable relationship with Betsy, but never forget Jessie.

Now, all family forcibly use Linux Mint 17.3 XFCE, and I work with a very usable and steady LMDE2 MATE.

Salutes!!
Salutes to all!!
Namaste!

>>Presentation<<

WharfRat
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Betsy lover...

Postby WharfRat » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:00 am

Hello shabah,

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)

Enjoy :wink:
Image ImageImage

austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Postby austin.texas » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:05 am

Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2017

jimallyn
Level 17
Level 17

Postby jimallyn » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:52 am

Welcome aboard, shabah!

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

The-Wizard
Level 12
Level 12

Postby The-Wizard » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:56 am

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place.

Crewp
Level 9
Level 9

Postby Crewp » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:31 pm

Welcome to Linux Mint, and the Mint forum. Yes, Betsy is a beauty. :D :D

MintBean
Level 9
Level 9

Postby MintBean » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:56 pm

Welcome aboard. All we ask is that you swear undying allegiance to Mint! :)

Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Postby Fred Barclay » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Welcome to the family, and Happy Minting!
Betsy is Clem's finest creation, IMHO. :)
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

shabah
Level 1
Level 1

Postby shabah » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Thank you all for the warm reception! :D

I am minttified already!
Hope am can help somebody soon, same way I got help reading the forum.

Salutes!
Salutes to all!!
Namaste!

>>Presentation<<

MrTom
Level 1
Level 1

Postby MrTom » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:01 pm

Welcome! :)

"The more decisions that you are forced to make alone, the more you are aware of your freedom to choose." - Thornton Wilder

Return to “Introduce yourself”