Hello World!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
mindovermaster
Level 1
Level 1

Hello World!

Postby mindovermaster » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:45 pm

I have had a bumpy road, going between Distros for years, but have forever gone back to Mint/Ubuntu/Debian. The land I know. ;)

I have been 100% Linux for 6+ years now. Like I said above, Ubuntu/Debian was my first distro. Apt-Get is in my blood.

Since I found Mint 17, I was intrigued. I still hunted around, but always came back to it.

After Windows 8 came out, I jumped the wagon and went with Linux. Since then it's been a better world. As I see with Windows 10, Linux is 10000x better. MS won't get my information.

After I used Mint for a few months, my Dad got interested, and wanted to load it aside of Windows. A few months later, he wiped the whole HDD, (SSD now) and just used Mint. He's been hooked on it for 3+ years now, and loving it.

I just never signed up in here, as I had enough help from other friends and Google. :)

WharfRat
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Hello World!

Postby WharfRat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Hello mindovermaster Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
Image Image Image

The-Wizard
Level 11
Level 11

Postby The-Wizard » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place.

JerryF
Level 5
Level 5

Postby JerryF » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:21 pm

Welcome, welcome!
Don't forget to edit your original post as [SOLVED] if your problem has been fixed.
My main language is English. I speak very little Portuguese, and a whole lot of gibberish.

jimallyn
Level 15
Level 15

Postby jimallyn » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Welcome aboard, mindovermaster!

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

dcrowder
Level 2
Level 2

Postby dcrowder » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:03 pm

mindovermaster wrote:...going between Distros for years, but have forever gone back to Mint/Ubuntu/Debian...Apt-Get is in my blood.

Sounds exactly like me!

Welcome to the forums.
Acer Aspire R14, Mint 18.2 Beta Cinnamon

Return to “Introduce yourself”