Anything for an easy life

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HalfJobRob

Anything for an easy life

Post by HalfJobRob »

Hi,

I've joined this forum because I finally ditched win10 and installed Mint 18.1.
However it's not working right, it's pissing me off that I can't find a fix. I really don't want to give up and back to the evil empire so I'm hoping I'll get some help here. I just want to be a happy & slightly smug Linux user :)

Thanks Rob
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Anything for an easy life

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Rob Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Welcome, welcome!

Just post your problem in the appropriate forum area and I'm sure you'll get your system running smoothly. Then you'll be able to show off that smugness! :lol:
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, HalfJobRob! We look forward to having you join the ranks of slightly smug Linux users. (OK, some of us might be very smug.) I don't usually spend much time on trying to solve problems; if I can't figure it out quickly, I ask on the forums. There are some very knowledgeable Linux users here, and almost certainly somebody will be able to help you. No sense banging your head against the wall when help is readily available on the forums.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
HalfJobRob

Post by HalfJobRob »

Thanks for the welcome, I've already had a reply about my issue but it's made me feel like moron who's way out of his depth. I think I'll be needing some reading classes :shock:
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

So tell the person who's trying to help you what about it you do and do not understand, so they can adapt the level at which they're explaining things. That usually helps.

Welcome to the Forum! I hope you'll be happy with Mint. I certainly am. Smugness is just around the corner, if you want it. :wink:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums.

Most problems already have a fix
search
read
ask
If you need to ask please copy and paste the result of terminal code inxi -Fnx with your question
And take your time to avoid disappointment.

wizard
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

welcome to our Forum HalfJobRob!

in recent times, I've acquired a new 64bit system & installed Ubuntu 16.04 onto it.
But, there was no sound.
:(
it seemed that the Ubuntu installer failed to detect the correct sound hardware.
& it did indeed take some effort to get the card identified correctly & the correct sound program installed.

but - it was worth the effort, I'd assure you, of that.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

HalfJobRob wrote:Thanks for the welcome, I've already had a reply about my issue but it's made me feel like moron who's way out of his depth. I think I'll be needing some reading classes :shock:
Please don't feel that way :). I'm a Windows computer guy from the early 90's and have certification as a desktop technician. But when I delved into Linux, I felt lost too. After working with Mint and posting to this forum, I am comfortable with so many aspects of Linux. With my limited knowledge, I've even been able to help a few members. Makes me feel good that I can help.

Keep at it and remember---you're not going to absorb everything at once!
dcrowder
Level 4
Level 4

Post by dcrowder »

Welcome to the forums.
HalfJobRob wrote:Hi,

I've joined this forum because I finally ditched win10 and installed Mint 18.1.
However it's not working right, it's pissing me off that I can't find a fix. I really don't want to give up and back to the evil empire so I'm hoping I'll get some help here. I just want to be a happy & slightly smug Linux user :)

Thanks Rob
Hang in there. We were all novices at some point.
Mint 21 Vanessa | Cinnamon | x64

Return to “Introduce Yourself”