Just another one

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dennnic

Just another one

Post by dennnic »

Hello world,

Stumbled upon this forum in hopes to find some sort of advice slash tutorial how to install damn popcorn player. Dammit I should have just downloaded the GoT from Piratebay... But I didn't, instead I spend two hours trying to make some gulpfile. Do you really need that for a zipped Popcornplayer? Why don't we just use .exe here?

Anyways, I do like this Linux Mint thing. It's different. Makes you learn some new stuff, but I'm a dentist (still a student though, lasts too long) and all of this woodoo things looks more complex than an upper jaw transplantation.

Starting to feel like those Miss Universe ladies!
...except I'm neither blond, nor pretty.

Anyways2, greetings from Belgrade from a grumpy man.
sudo cheers
why is here no beers smiley
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Just another one

Post by jimallyn »

Not sure what Popcorn Player is, but it seems to me that there is a program for bootlegging movies called Popcorn or something. Is that what you are talking about here? If so, we don't allow conversations about bootlegging/piracy/illegal activity here. If it is not, please post a link to it so we can see what you are talking about.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Popcorn Player is a free Android video player to play videos in a pop-up window on Android.
This Android video player runs in the background of your Android phone displaying the video player in the pop-up window.

Update: (July 17, 2013) The player is no longer available in Google Play Store. Check out , Real Player instead.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

dennnic wrote:Why don't we just use .exe here?
Because we don't use an operating system that runs .exe files, and most of us here are quite happy about that. Why doesn't Windows use .deb or .rpm or .tar.gz files?
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums.

Most problems already have a fix
search
read
ask
If you need to ask please copy and paste the result of terminal code inxi -Fnx with your question
And take your time to avoid disappointment.

wizard
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

The-Wizard wrote:If you need to ask please copy and paste the result of terminal code inxi -Fnx with your question
You've done it again. Time for a PM.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

dennnic wrote:Dammit I should have just downloaded the GoT from Piratebay... But I didn't
Welcome aboard. Please be aware that discussing piracy is a sure way of getting booted.

Enjoy Linux Mint.

Cheers.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

dennnic wrote:Starting to feel like those Miss Universe ladies!
Sorry, what do you mean? :?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello dennnic Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
dcrowder
Level 4
Level 4

Post by dcrowder »

Welcome to the forums, dennnic.

PS - I am a grumpy man too!
Mint 21 Vanessa | Cinnamon | x64
dennnic

Post by dennnic »

Sorry for my lack of responses, exam period started again...

Woah, I didn't expect so warm welcome! Thanks! It seems I'm gonna stay for a while. Alright, alright, no more piracy stuff, the point of it was just grabbing attention. Which seems to have worked as a charm! :D :D don't boot me, just started to like the OS, give me a week or two, or month. :mrgreen:

I don't know the origins of the mint, but I have to say it, it's one hell of a software! I'm actually pretty sad I haven't find it before... :cry:
dennnic

Post by dennnic »

Moem wrote:
dennnic wrote:Starting to feel like those Miss Universe ladies!
Sorry, what do you mean? :?
It supposed to sound fun. :lol: I'm not very good at these things, I am?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”