Almost new to Mint 18

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
ezymel
Level 1
Level 1

Almost new to Mint 18

Post by ezymel »

Hi:

My real name is Mel. My logins are ezymel. As stated in the subject line, I have installed Mint in the past but an older version. Prior like many people, I had windows 10. It was giving me so much trouble in loading everything. First, I used IE, then Firefox, Opera, and a few others I found. Years ago, everything worked well using windows 7. After getting windows 10, I have experienced so many problems and had to recover back to windows 7. Still ran into problems like being very slow and opening browsers took a long time. I figure that I try Linux and there were so many to choose from. I needed something for a beginner so I installed Ubuntu and other Ubuntu's. Also I tried Chalet OS which I liked but I noticed that the screen dimmed rather quickly which I didn't like. So, I figured I would install the new Mint 18, easy installed, connect easily, and downloaded all the updates that were suggested. I really like Mint as everything runs fast. Firefox browser opens quickly and no problems with freeze ups which to me is a wonderful reason why I switched to Linux. Of course I have to learn a new OS. I do have problems in knowing how to launch programs. Something new most of the time requires extraction in order to work. At least I was able to install Roboform light but it is limited to a degree. It does show the tool bar on top of the screen. Anyway, I have a lot to learn and time to do it. I guess I will just have to experiment with all the features and look at the helps. By far, Mint looks good. I bet I will have many more questions and I am glad there is a forum like this. :P

WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Almost new to Mint 18

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Mel Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
ImageImage

austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018

dcrowder
Level 4
Level 4

Post by dcrowder »

Welcome to the forums! Many ex-Windows users here.
Mint 19.1 MATE x64

catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Welcome aboard!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Introduce yourself”