Longtime lurker and new member

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
raspu
Level 3
Level 3

Longtime lurker and new member

Post by raspu »

Hello Linux Mint people:
I have been a frequent reader of this forum for some time, and I thought it was about time to introduce myself . I live in Spain.
Although I have been a sporadic Linux user for a long time, starting with Slackware more than 20 years ago, I have used Linux Mint in my computers only for a relatively short time, after having used Xubuntu for a pair of years. My favourite and most used distribution nowadays is Linux Mint Xfce.
My best wishes to all of you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Longtime lurker and new member

Post by wallyUSA »

raspu wrote:Hello Linux Mint people:
I have been a frequent reader of this forum for some time, and I thought it was about time to introduce myself . I live in Spain.
Although I have been a sporadic Linux user for a long time, starting with Slackware more than 20 years ago, I have used Linux Mint in my computers only for a relatively short time, after having used Xubuntu for a pair of years. My favourite and most used distribution nowadays is Linux Mint Xfce.
My best wishes to all of you.
@raspu: Welcome! You can learn a lot by lurking. Don't be afraid to ask questions and share your experience.
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-105 Cinn 6.0.4
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Welcome to our Forum.
:D
it's great that you finally, came in !.

do look around, some more, and see if you can help out some others.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Welcome aboard!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello raspu Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
raspu
Level 3
Level 3

Post by raspu »

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome!
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

Welcome.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi "raspu",

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum !
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
LRD TX
Level 1
Level 1

Post by LRD TX »

I too am a new member, but I'm not exactly new to either Linux or to Linux Mint.

I started using Linux in 1998 when I found I could not install a halfway secure webserver on Windows. My first Linux distro was Red Hat 6.0. When Red Had started to go seriously commercial, I moved to Mandrake, but after a year or two I changed to Gentoo. I loved it, but it was too much work to keep it current (with Gentoo you compile everything on the target machine).

About 2005 I started trying other distros, and ended up using Sabayon for a few years on some of my computers. Then with Sabayon my graphics started failing with every upgrade. In 2011 my laptop died a few days before an important business trip. I bought a new laptop (with Windows, of course) and installed what seemed to be the obvious choice for quick installation and easy maintenance: Linux Mint.

By 2013 I had changed all of my computers to Linux Mint, and have gone through several upgrades. Now I am running Linux Mint on two laptops and two desktops of my own, plus a laptop belonging to a non-profit.

I just upgraded the last one, the desktop I use for general purposes, to Sonya. I thought it was about time I paid attention to these forums.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”