Hello All

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Aleron Ives
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All

Post by Aleron Ives »

As seems to be the case with many new users here, I installed Linux Mint to escape the scourge of Windows 10. I actually came across Mint because my mother wasn't happy with the Windows 10 on her new laptop, so I decided to search for a user-friendly Linux distro to install for her instead, and my search results consistently indicated that Mint was at the top of the distro heap in terms of being easy to use. I installed and configured it for her, and I was quite impressed at how easy it was to configure the system compared with my previous experiences using Linux. I just got a new laptop of my own, so I've loaded it with Linux Mint, too.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to finally making Linux accessible to us long-time Windows users!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Hello All

Post by catweazel »

Welcome aboard! Congratulations on your success with Linux Mint.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Aleron Ives Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, Aleron Ives! I felt Linux was suitable for Windows uses in 2002 when I was first exposed to it. But I know a lot of other people who didn't think it was ready for prime time. Different strokes for different folks. You will never regret moving to Linux.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
dcrowder
Level 4
Level 4

Post by dcrowder »

Welcome to the forums!
Mint 21 Vanessa | Cinnamon | x64
minitux

Post by minitux »

Hello :)
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello and Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums,
Enjoy ;)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608

Return to “Introduce Yourself”