Hello and thanks

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NessM

Hello and thanks

Post by NessM »

I just joined the forum just to thank another user. I'm glad to see Mint is still doing so well, way up on Distrowatch (can't get any higher without breaking the ceiling), having so many enthusiastic users and developers, and a good community.

It's also amazing to see how well you are doing in terms of donations. This proves one or two things to the closed source folks who are still saying 'no, you can't offer a good solution without 'protecting' your stuff'. They don't know the difference between fact and fad. Innovation blossoms where software is shared, fully free.

I'll try my best to avoid the windows controversy. I know there are many, many who had to switch, and not everyone wanted to take the time or make the effort to learn something new. Also I don't get my kicks by complaining about how bad something is, I understand to some windows is still the perfect solution, and they can do whatever they like. Some even have to make a living out of supporting windows or ms products, and I guess I can understand they have their families to feed, right? On the other hand I'm quite reluctant to criticise windows because let's face it : After a while it becomes kind of boring :lol:

Thank you all for this distribution and the help offered here. I use other distributions as well, but I always have Mint around and keep an eye on it. Easy, robust and well designed. I can only recommend you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Hello and thanks

Post by WharfRat »

Hello NessM Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
minitux

Post by minitux »

JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Welcome, welcome!
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi "NessM",

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum !
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, NessM!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Welcome!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
dcrowder
Level 4
Level 4

Post by dcrowder »

Welcome to the forums!
Mint 21 Vanessa | Cinnamon | x64

Return to “Introduce Yourself”