Hello!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
L7vanmatre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Postby L7vanmatre » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:01 am

Hello everyone!

... Not sure what to say, so I'll say my previous encounters with Linux distros.

Well, my first encounter would be that, one day I was curious on what Linux was like. I had a virtual machine program already ready since previously I wanted to get a Win10 VM inside my Win10 laptop, so all I needed to do was get an ISO. I wasn't sure on where to start, but I read in a page somewhere that Ubuntu was the most popular Linux distribution. I got it and downloaded it and such, and it did get me interested once I got it completely started up. I didn't really do much with it other than play around with it though.

Next encounter, was a Raspberry Pi, using what I think what was called Rasbpian, using a version of Ubuntu compatible with ARM processors. I had fun with it, and it got me somewhat familiar with certain Linux things, like the Terminal.

However, somewhat recently I heard a friend of mine who said he really likes Linux Mint. I looked more into it and what I remember hearing from other places was that Mint was more targeted for the people who are experienced with computers. It intrigued me. And it's a good time for me to get interested since I'm thinking about just replacing my laptop's Win10 with Linux Mint, since Win10 has been becoming too much for my laptop, apparently. There doesn't seem to be a bunch of stuff that comes with Mint so far (which I like). Despite running it on a USB 2.0 drive so far, it loads faster than Win10. I think I'm going to really like Mint for the other things it has as well. It feels more smooth and sleek, with a lack of better words, than Windows 10.

I'm still a noob, but I think I'm going to like it. Anyway, that's it. Sorry if this seemed self-absorbed, heh. I wasn't sure on what to say so I said my previous experiences with Linux distributions. Thanks for reading anyways. Have a good day!

catweazel
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Hello!

Postby catweazel » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:30 am

Welcome aboard!
If your problem is fixed, please mark your thread as [SOLVED] by editing the title of the first message in the thread.

WharfRat
Level 20
Level 20

Postby WharfRat » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:10 am

Hello L7vanmatre Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
Image ImageImage

JerryF
Level 7
Level 7

Postby JerryF » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:26 pm

L7vanmatre wrote:...
However, somewhat recently I heard a friend of mine who said he really likes Linux Mint. I looked more into it and what I remember hearing from other places was that Mint was more targeted for the people who are experienced with computers.

First---welcome!

I have to disagree a little with that statement that you heard. Mint is targeted for beginners too.
Don't forget to edit your original post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the Subject line if your problem has been fixed.
My main language is English. I speak very little Portuguese, and a whole lot of gibberish.

jimallyn
Level 16
Level 16

Postby jimallyn » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Welcome aboard, L7vanmatre!

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

phd21
Level 14
Level 14

Postby phd21 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi "L7vanmatre",

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum !
Phd21: Mint KDE 17.3 & 18.2, 64-bit Awesome OS, Ancient Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,3gb Ram,160gb hdd, Video: Intel 4 Graphics, DVD Lightscribe. Why I use KDE?:https://opensource.com/life/15/4/9-reasons-to-use-kde

Return to “Introduce yourself”