New to forums

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
Tim Sharitt
Level 1
Level 1

New to forums

Postby Tim Sharitt » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:16 am

Hi all, I'm Tim. I'm just new to the forums and trying to get into this whole community thing. I've used mint for a few years now and even made a few small code contributions, but with no real interaction with anyone outside of pull requests.
I was previously an Ubuntu user for many years and very active in their forums, even becoming a member. Life dragged me away from that for a while and now I guess I'm trying to start over and get back to that sort of thing with my current distribution of choice.
I'm a novice to intermediate coder (mostly c and python) with fairly good knowledge of system use and troubleshooting.
Hopefully I can be of some use in the community and help some folks out along the way.

WharfRat
Level 20
Level 20

Re: New to forums

Postby WharfRat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:44 am

Hello Tim Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
Image ImageImage

catweazel
Level 10
Level 10

Postby catweazel » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:47 am

Welcome aboard!
If your problem is fixed, please mark your thread as [SOLVED] by editing the title of the first message in the thread.

jimallyn
Level 16
Level 16

Postby jimallyn » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:24 am

Welcome aboard, Tim! Sounds like you have some skills that could be quite useful around here. If you are thinking about becoming a regular member of the development team, xenopeek can probably tell you what you need to know, and he is on here often.

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Tim Sharitt
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Tim Sharitt » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:49 am

Thanks, I am looking to get into the development side some. I figured this would we a good place to get to know some people and get a feel for the community

Return to “Introduce yourself”