New to forums

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tim Sharitt

New to forums

Post by Tim Sharitt »

Hi all, I'm Tim. I'm just new to the forums and trying to get into this whole community thing. I've used mint for a few years now and even made a few small code contributions, but with no real interaction with anyone outside of pull requests.
I was previously an Ubuntu user for many years and very active in their forums, even becoming a member. Life dragged me away from that for a while and now I guess I'm trying to start over and get back to that sort of thing with my current distribution of choice.
I'm a novice to intermediate coder (mostly c and python) with fairly good knowledge of system use and troubleshooting.
Hopefully I can be of some use in the community and help some folks out along the way.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: New to forums

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Tim Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Welcome aboard!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, Tim! Sounds like you have some skills that could be quite useful around here. If you are thinking about becoming a regular member of the development team, xenopeek can probably tell you what you need to know, and he is on here often.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Tim Sharitt

Post by Tim Sharitt »

Thanks, I am looking to get into the development side some. I figured this would we a good place to get to know some people and get a feel for the community

Return to “Introduce Yourself”