Linux Mint newbie

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tboxmy

Linux Mint newbie

Post by tboxmy »

Hi all, recently I installed Linux Mint 18.3 Xfce on my old Samsung N150 Plus netbook with dual boot MS Windows 7. Its given me a good first impression.

I have experience on Centos, Fedora, Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Raspbian but none of them suit that little netbook of 1GB RAM with an Atom CPU. Learnt lots of stuff about Mint to get this netbook installed and I am glad to have chosen it. I am from Malaysia and have been involved in corporate training including areas of Unix and Linux. Though I am not online very frequently, I would like to learn more from Mint experts, and will chip in to the community where I can. If there is a Mint user group in Malaysia, do let me know.

See my short note http://tboxmy.blogspot.my/2017/12/insta ... -plus.html on getting Linux Mint up and running. Maybe there was something that could have been done better.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Linux Mint newbie

Post by WharfRat »

Hello tboxmy Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
G-Mo

Post by G-Mo »

Well hey, at least your Atom processor is exempt from Meltdown. Keep her! :)
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Welcome aboard!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Welcome to the forums!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”