Ready to frustrate myself a bit :)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TSR

Ready to frustrate myself a bit :)

Post by TSR »

Hello world (or other cheesy salutation) :roll:

My nick / handle is TSR, I'm a "tech enthusiast", for lack of a better description. 8)

I've been around the block a lot, loads of LAN parties, online gaming, graphic design phase (didn't last long; stifling creativity kills it), network techie (wireless stuff), and have spent hours on days digging under the hood in Windows 7 64-bit ultimate to fix, tweak, improve, etc. the horror show that it is. (it's too restrictive and bloated) W10.. well, we all know why we're not going that route. :wink:

It'll be fun being a total newbie again, but I'm preparing to dive in headfirst, so please have some patience with me - I know to look & listen (and learn), so don't expect too many queries from me until I've exhausted the forum's available articles or burned out Google's search capacity. :wink:

Without further ado, nice to meet you all, I hope to learn a lot... please be gentle. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Ready to frustrate myself a bit :)

Post by Moem »

Hey welcome! That avatar is absolutely cute. Cheers to you for diving in; in many ways, you're in for a treat. And do feel free to ask questions here when you can't find the answers!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
TSR

Post by TSR »

Thanks Moem :)

I've settled on going for the latest Mint MATE distro for simplicity and stability (touch wood) and I don't mind extra reading.. even if a lot of technical lingo / very in-depth detail seems frustrating, at least it'll be to my own benefit (and less frustration for anyone else). :mrgreen:

P.S. After reading over a fair number of articles, reviews, and forum topics, I've got to say, the overall community attitude is awesome. Very patient, helpful, helps with explaining to understand (not necessarily a cut-and-dried approach for answers). It's quite exciting. Will post a minor update once everything is installed and underway, and assess further if I get stuck with anything after that.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
sammiev

Post by sammiev »

Welcome and make yourself at home!

I'm missing your avatar.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello TSR Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

TSR wrote:...
Without further ado, nice to meet you all, I hope to learn a lot... please be gentle. :D
Nice to meet you too and welcome.

We'll be gentle. :wink:
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, TSR!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Introduce Yourself”