Hello, everyone!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mint E Fresh

Hello, everyone!

Post by Mint E Fresh »

Hi, Mint E Fresh here. I just made the switch to Linux. Built my computer 2 years ago. I got tired of things not working right after Windows updates. So I tried it before I buyed it, so to speak (booted from thumb drive prior to actual installation). I am enjoying this so far. There is much to learn, and I'm hardly a computer expert. I have hacked some phones, so some of this seems familiar. And I am fortunate enough to have a friend who is making the switch with me, and who is very tech savvy,

I have much to learn, and it is a bit intimidating.

If anyone had told me that you could install so many emulators after setup, I would have been tempted to try it sooner!

So far, it seems that all of my needs will be met by this OS, and I like the security. I have a few issues I am seeking solutions for (USB 3.0 ports not working since install, can't get PCSX2 to recognize my gamepad- small matters), but I usually try to figure out what it is that I might be doing wrong, rather than immediately blaming an OS or program.

My wife is giving birth in about 48 hours, so I don't really know that I will have too much time to dig into this right away.

Thanks for having me, it's really great that there are is such a great resource for noobs like me!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Hello, everyone!

Post by all41 »

Congratulations on the new baby and a big welcome to Mint and the forums.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, Mint E Fresh, and congratulations on the new baby! If you have any questions or problems, come back whenever you can and we will help you with them.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Mint E Fresh Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”