Just Another Newbie...

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gaudnorm

Just Another Newbie...

Post by gaudnorm »

Hi,

This is maybe my 7th installation of Linux Mint. But the first I really will use the way I want. Usuallly I install Linux Mint for non-profit organisations for free.

I followed a very long transition path for migrating from Windows to Linux (about 12 years) : Using with Gimp, Apache, Open Office on Windows and (almost) the same on Ubuntu... Working or playing on both platforms. My last Windows computer died three years ago and now I'm on Linux Mint and Os X only. I can now do on Linux whatever I want and more. I don't need to go back on win.

My Macbook pro is now considered "Vintage" and no support is available. Guess what ? I will soon try to install Linux Mint on it... I was using Ubuntu for maybe 15 yrs but the design of Cinnammon is more like who I am. Also I'm never tired working on Cinnamon.

I have five kids and two of them do use Linux at least as a backup computer. We used to have a Linux server at home.

French is my first language and I work full time as a specialized educator (mentally disabled, autism and aggravated behaviors) mostly in English. (some Chinese, French, Greek and Italian people too !!) Usually I'm very patient.

I learned by myself how to code in perl and now I'm starting in C. Short term I would like to create a software to help specialized people who has to take and share data. The prototype is almost done in perl and you know what ? Mid term I would like to write a C program that would run smoothly on Mint... Just don't know how for now... I use Gcc and Code:Blocks. Not sure of the GUI. I tackled a bit with Xlib. I know, it is not the easiest way.

I consider myself an intermediate user. (I can blow up some pieces of the system... sometimes.) I would like to hatch toward being a more advanced user. (means more blow-ups.)

And that's it !
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Just Another Newbie...

Post by kc1di »

Hi gaudnorm and welcome to Linux Mint Forums,
Good to have aboard , Enjoy :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

Hi gaudnorm,
I applaud your efforts and your cause.
Welcome
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello gaudnorm Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Welcome aboard!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

(means more blow-ups.)
hey - - that's my Idea of Fun.
8)

except, that these days, I've a tenancy to use one of my Purposely Recycled PCs.
- - a little more controlled, sometimes.
but, then I'm more likely to Test some stuff on my Main PCs.
:roll:
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, gaudnorm!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
gaudnorm

Post by gaudnorm »

Thanks guys,

Very interesting team !

Return to “Introduce Yourself”