Hey there, I am new here.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rojo63

Hey there, I am new here.

Post by rojo63 »

I have to tell you I have no idea how I landed on this site. My computer has got really weird lately. :wink: I was looking at craigslist and and bam I am here. Not sure what the forums are yet but looking. I have a beater computer I got at FREEGEEK. $100 and they work for a long time. My battery is going and it works best with the charge between 50 and 95%. On the outside of that it locks up. :lol: If anyone knows about any games I can download, please hit me up. Dan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Hey there, I am new here.

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, rojo63! There is an area of the forums specifically for games. Not being a gamer, I don't know much about it, but you probably should have a look:

viewforum.php?f=225
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Welcome!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Nate

Post by Nate »

welcome.

For games on Mint that will work on most machines, I'd recommend using the Software Manager and clicking through to the games section. Most will have screenshots and due to being in development for a good while or finished for some time, most will run on potatoes. There's also the Steam app that can be downloaded for Linux native games, just check to see if the specs are met by your computer. a lot of Indie games don't require much.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Welcome to Linux Mint rojo63,
Hope you enjoy the Distro :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
MScott

Post by MScott »

Hope you get it sorted out rojo63, Linux is a great OS with many flavors, almost too many :D Linux can bring new life to an old system, even a weird one, but not to a broken one, so I hope the weirdness is OS related -- not hardware.

I second what Nate said -- make sure your machine can play the games, and I would go by the recommended system specs, not the minimum if you want a good experience.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello rojo63 Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Welcome!
rojo63

Post by rojo63 »

:D Well thanks guys! :) What a welcoming committee you have here. :oops: I will have to look in to your suggestions. 8)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”