Hello from Los Angeles

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Etcetera

Hello from Los Angeles

Post by Etcetera »

New here. I've been playing around with Linux since the 90's, but only recently have I switched full time.

Currently I am a PLC programmer/Systems integrator. For years I was a Microsoft sysadmin.

Anyways, I recently broke Mint 18.3 and was able to fix it. Probably learned more in that hour or 2 than I did in the last several months running it on my desktop.

Still learning after all these years.

Eric
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Hello from Los Angeles

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Eric Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, Eric!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Hi, and welcome!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
CaptainKirksChair
Level 4
Level 4

Post by CaptainKirksChair »

Etcetera wrote:Anyways, I recently broke Mint 18.3 and was able to fix it. Probably learned more in that hour or 2 than I did in the last several months running it on my desktop.

Still learning after all these years.

Eric
Having broken many systems in my lifetime, I agree with that statement wholeheartedly. When I was first starting with Linux (Ubuntu and Zorin) I was terrified when something went wrong. Then you knuckle down and fix it. And learn something in the process. The great part is, there are so many people on these forums and elsewhere that willingly give up their free time to assist you. It's like an extended family. Linux Mint is great! I am so glad I made the switch.

Welcome to Mint!
Etcetera

Post by Etcetera »

The very first computers I owned were all broken. My parents couldn't really afford to buy a new one back then (early 80s) as they were $$$$. Having to build my own junk was the best thing that could have happened to me.

I'm really liking Mint. Couple minor things that aren't quite as good as Windows. Still working on getting good 4K playback from Youtube. Also Amazon video doesn't stream HD because of HDCP. Looking into those issues next.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Hopefully soon I will feel comfortable enough with this to start helping out.

Eric

Return to “Introduce Yourself”