Again a newbie

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
GentleGiant
Level 1
Level 1

Again a newbie

Post by GentleGiant » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:15 am

Hallo Community,

here is the next newbie, using linux mint.

Ok, Germany wants to follow the path of digitization now. Some newspapers read: "16 million Germans are digitally offside". I myself, I am a little further and have been using Linux Mint for some time now. I also tried other Linux distros like Ubuntu, Lubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, LXLE, .... but last but not least I ended up with Linux Mint. Of course, I also come from the Windowsuniverse, but other worlds should also be explored (in memoy of Stephen Hawking) . This things to explore always makes me more fun and it is really enjoyable, especially when I read about data leaks and data misuse in the windowsworld.

For some years, I have been trying to establish Linux at schools (I used to be a teacher and a headmaster), but nobody wants to, because nobody wants to get involved in new things ... and honestly, most can only start windows. Oh, this is not worse, but you should be prepared to also start Linux. The result is the same, pardon, sorry, oh, wrong words, leads to use mostlyx or only linux.

I have been able to solve many problems so far, thanks to all those linux communities and blocks. I hope to be able to help here as well and, that's the main reason to be here, get help.

But to do the last step, I need the registration code - and that's it. Thank you all and have a nice time ....

sincerely
Gentel Giant (my nickname since 1976, also known as jumbo)

Moem
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Again a newbie

Post by Moem » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:50 am

GentleGiant wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:15 am
to do the last step, I need the registration code - and that's it.
Hello GentleGiant, welcome! You've certainly come to the right place for a friendly and utterly usable Linux distro.
You have nevertheless not yet made it to the right place to request a Community registration code. Those are handed out in the chat room, not here on the forum. You can use the link to Chat on the welcome screen, or just start up Hexchat from your menu, and you'll end up in the right room.

We're glad to have you on board! I'm sure Mint is a good fit for you, from what you've told us.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

catweazel
Level 17
Level 17

Post by catweazel » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:00 am

Hi, and welcome!
¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı buıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ os ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ɯoɹɟ ɯ,ı

kc1di
Level 13
Level 13

Post by kc1di » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:31 am

Hello GentleGiant and Welcome to Linux Mint Forums,
Great to have you here, enjoy :)
Easy tips : https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608

WharfRat
Level 20
Level 20

Post by WharfRat » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:50 am

Hello GentleGiant Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
ImageImage

jimallyn
Level 18
Level 18

Post by jimallyn » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Welcome aboard, GentleGiant!

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

phd21
Level 17
Level 17

Post by phd21 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Hi GentleGiant,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint KDE 18.3 & 19, 64-bit Awesome OS, Ancient Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram,256gb SDD, Video: Intel 4 Graphics, DVD Lightscribe. Why I use KDE?:https://opensource.com/life/15/4/9-reasons-to-use-kde

BG405
Level 7
Level 7

Post by BG405 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Welcome from me too!

I haven't used the chat so far as live chat isn't my thing, so have never needed a registration code. However I'm failry confident it will be useful to you if that is what you want to use.

I initially thought you were asking for a registration code for Mint itself; no such code exists! No COA, no licence agreement, no software product keys (except, maybe, for paid-for commercial software but I don't use any). :mrgreen:
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Acer D255E 2GB - Manjaro KDE, LM17.3 KDE 32
Toshiba NB305 - Manjaro KDE------------------------K7S5A AMD 1.2GHz - LM17.3 Xfce 32 & WinXP-Pro
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Dell PII 350 64MB - Puppy 4.3 & Win98-SE

Return to “Introduce yourself”