Hello from Minnesota, where spring is in the air,...except for the snowstorm tomorrow

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pcsailor

Hello from Minnesota, where spring is in the air,...except for the snowstorm tomorrow

Post by pcsailor »

Hello all,

New Linux user here.
Perhaps I am being too ambitious but I currently have successful installations of Linux Mint in three different ways.
1. Dual booting from an original Dell-XPS-13
2. VM via Hyper-V on my desktop Intel PowerSpec
3. Flash drive bootable

I am wondering if this forum will be a good place to ask specific, pinpointed questions about Linux and Python.

Cheers,
Phil
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Hello from Minnesota, where spring is in the air,...except for the snowstorm tomorrow

Post by catweazel »

pcsailor wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:45 pm Hello all,
Hi, and welcome!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Hello from Minnesota, where spring is in the air,...except for the snowstorm tomorrow

Post by Pierre »

welcome to our forum
:D
Do Take the Time to Read the LinuxMint Users Guide that came with the installation.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, pcsailor! You can get answers for all kinds of computer-related questions here. No guarantees, but there's usually somebody here who can figure out most problems. Or recommend where to look for the answer.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

have you been on the www.GoldwingFacts.com motorcycle forum?

just asking, as we used to have a pcsailor on there and he disappeared several years ago.

welcome to the Linux Mint forum.... :D
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi pcsailor,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello pcsailor Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

Hi pcsailor,
Welcome to Mint and the forums.
It sounds like you're on board.
Enjoy the Mints.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Welcome pcsailor! That is ambitious and that's wonderful. Good that you have your bootable flash drive of Mint. It can/will help fix a snag that you may run into from time to time. I know it has for me.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

pcsailor wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:45 pm Hello all,

New Linux user here.
Perhaps I am being too ambitious but I currently have successful installations of Linux Mint in three different ways.
1. Dual booting from an original Dell-XPS-13
2. VM via Hyper-V on my desktop Intel PowerSpec
3. Flash drive bootable

I am wondering if this forum will be a good place to ask specific, pinpointed questions about Linux and Python.

Cheers,
Phil
Spring is in the air everywhere...where it isn't snowing, that is.

Don't worry, it will get warm again.

Just in time to turn cold again... :wink:
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello Phil,
Welcome to Linux Mint Forums. Good to have you aboard, enjoy :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
pcsailor

Post by pcsailor »

Thanks, everybody. What a warm welcome! I haven't seen this type of a warm reception since my Compuserve days <;
pcsailor

Post by pcsailor »

AZgl1500 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:46 am have you been on the www.GoldwingFacts.com motorcycle forum?

just asking, as we used to have a pcsailor on there and he disappeared several years ago.

welcome to the Linux Mint forum.... :D
While I am an avid motorcyclist and a lover of Japanese bikes, that Goldwing one is not me, but I'm curious who. I've been using that tag for years. My initials and career.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

pcsailor wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:23 pm Thanks, everybody. What a warm welcome! I haven't seen this type of a warm reception since my Compuserve days <;
We tend to live in the past here (read: most of us are a bunch of old geezers...;) )
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
pcsailor

Post by pcsailor »

"living in the past",...on the OS of the future. Nice!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”