Hello from Brittany (France)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DarthThauron

Hello from Brittany (France)

Post by DarthThauron »

Hi,
I live in North West of France, in Brittany (Bretagne), a Celtic culture area with a language close to Welsh.
I am a former user of Macintosh (from 1992 to 2016). The first time I met Linux was when I was in Rennes University and my first Linux was MkLinux for PowerPC. I was impressed by the efficiency of the OS... But in 2001, I really loved the birth of MacOS X, which was an incredible UNIX... But, during the years, The Mac had become worse and worse, less free with its Appstore, constraints, more closed hardware and with an increasing planned obsolescence (very bad for the consumers and the our bad healthy planet) !
So I've decided to switch to Linux Mint, an impressive piece of freedom with a very good design ! Thanks a lot to Clem and his team !
Therefore I use every day a Compulab Airtop (very good and powerfull fan less computer) as my desktop computer, and an Asus Zenbook as my latop one.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Hello from Brittany (France)

Post by catweazel »

Hi, and welcome!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello DarthThauron and Welcome to Linux Mint Forums,
Great to have you here :)
Enjoy!
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello DarthThauron Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, DarthThauron!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi DarthThauron,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
SwanRider

Post by SwanRider »

Hi to another from the Celtic Nations: Failt ort, Bannaghtyn,

Return to “Introduce Yourself”