Thinkpad T430s install and I am new.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stubiemint

Thinkpad T430s install and I am new.

Post by stubiemint »

Greetings just stopped in to say I have installed 18.3 and it is awesome! I had an older install of LM 16 and was not happy. Youtube one played at max 430p. I burned iso to DVD and installed today. You tube in 1080! Plus it is so fast unbelievable. I erased Windows 7 since this is not my primary rig. I have LM on Virtual Bax on my Imac but I am finding I like the laptop form much better . I love this thinkpad and Linuxmint...too incredible. I had tried to install Debian 9 but when I went to boot the computer all I would get is black screen. It looked like it had installed fine but it was a no go. Very happy with my result. About my TP I installed a T420 keyboard so that I could get away from island type key. I am also upgrading my display panel which is on slow boat from China. I can tell you how it goes. Thanks for reading.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Thinkpad T430s install and I am new.

Post by Pierre »

welcome to our forum
:)

it's great that you did managed to upgrade, successfully

Do Take the Time to Read the LinuxMint Users Guide,
to see what has changed with this later version.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, stubiemint!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Welcome to mint and you picked the right laptop, but I'm biased. There are quite a few upgrades you can do to a T430.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello stubiemint and Welcome to Linux Mint Forums,
Great to have you here, enjoy :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello stubiemint Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
stubiemint

Post by stubiemint »

Thank you all who commented. I really do like Mint! Microsoft thinks they are pretty hot. Does to show that with a little effort and luck that one can be different and have fun at the same time.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”