Linux Mint 19

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TimeTravelfore
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint 19

Post by TimeTravelfore »

Hello I just wanted to say that I've been using the Linux Mint operating system since July of 2016 and love it. Each and every version seems to have many improvements you would never find possible using Apple or Windows operating systems. Linux Mint 19 is no different. I love the new Timeshift snapshot capabilities so you can use automatic update feature without worry because you can always go back in time to fix any glitches that might come along with a certain update and there are ways to say get rid of a kernel that might be problematic.

Just wanted to congratulate the developers of LMDE 3. I believe this to be a great move in the right direction, because Debian has been around for a very long time and as a precaution to Ubuntu possibly going in another direction this was great forethought. Once LMDE has Long-Term-Support (LTS), I plan to switch to it from Linux Mint 19 whatever when this becomes a reality.

Thanks again to the developers of Linux Mint Cinnamon 19 64-bit named Tara.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Linux Mint 19

Post by WharfRat »

Hello TimeTravelfore Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, TimeTravelfore!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

Hi TimeTravelfore,
Welcome to the forums.
Enjoy your new Mint.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
TimeTravelfore
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TimeTravelfore »

Thank you for the warm welcome. The only real issue I have had with Linux Mint 19 Tara 64-bit is when I try to shut down it hangs up, but if I reboot then shut down it seems to shut down. Is there a fix to this issue that will allow me to shut down my computer?
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

TimeTravelfore wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:04 am Thank you for the warm welcome. The only real issue I have had with Linux Mint 19 Tara 64-bit is when I try to shut down it hangs up, but if I reboot then shut down it seems to shut down. Is there a fix to this issue that will allow me to shut down my computer?
Probably a hardware issue (motherboard). Worth a try: check the support section of the manufacturer for a BIOS update, and when available, install it.

When no avail: kernel updates have been known to solve this kind of problems as well.
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
michael louwe

Post by michael louwe »

TimeTravelfore wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:22 pm Hello I just wanted to say that I've been using the Linux Mint operating system since July of 2016 and love it. Each and every version seems to have many improvements you would never find possible using Apple or Windows operating systems. Linux Mint 19 is no different. I love the new Timeshift snapshot capabilities so you can use automatic update feature without worry because you can always go back in time to fix any glitches that might come along with a certain update and there are ways to say get rid of a kernel that might be problematic.
... https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/20 (Update Manager: understand and optimize it)

viewtopic.php?t=272168 ([SOLVED] Linux Mint 19 very slow boot times of ten minutes or so.)

Timeshift recovery is not easy and not 100% successful, similar to Windows's System Restore, eg ... viewtopic.php?f=46&t=273412
viewtopic.php?f=150&p=1503883#p1503883

Wrt buggy Level 4 and kernel updates, "Prevention is better than cure".

Return to “Introduce Yourself”