Hello World!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Arefer

Hello World!

Post by Arefer »

Hi there! I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Kevin, I live in Chile and currently I'm studying Computer Science at the University of Santiago.
I've always been a computer enthusiast and have tested and used Linux intermittently since 2010 but never decided to use any Linux distro as my main OS since I really like to game on my computer.
I have been running Ubuntu as my main OS on my laptop since I started to study (2 and a half years ago) and yesterday completely replaced Microsoft Windows 10 with Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon on my desktop computer because I would really like to learn a lot from Linux.
Back in the days when I was a kid really didn't understand what 'repo', 'compile', 'packages' and other words mean :roll: but always caught my attention, and now that I've learned a few languages and techniques for programming, I would really like to apply (and improve) that knowledge creating and sharing code with the amazing community of developers out there on the Internet.
I've always been an introvert and never really showed interest on the people around me, but for me Linux is an opportunity to grow as a person while helping others in a way I really feel and enjoy. (and keep my limited traffic network safe from Windows :lol: ).
Thanks for reading (I'm also learning english so I hope it can be understandable) and see (read) you :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Hello World!

Post by Pierre »

Hi Kevin & welcome to our forum
:D

Do Take the Time to Read the LinuxMint Users Guide that came with the installation.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Welcome aboard!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Wlecome to Mint! All the best with your Computer Science degree!
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello Kevin and welcome to Linux Mint Forums,
Learn all you can and enjoy the process :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Kevin Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome to the Mint forums, Kevin!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Introduce Yourself”