Howdy!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zulu95
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy!

Post by Zulu95 »

Greetings from the Show Me state. I started fooling with 'puters back in the 70's. Got back into them in time for DOS 3. Then followed Windows. built, sod and fixed them for a while. I first tried LINUX Mint about seven years ago. I was using a multi-processor, multi core (Dual AMD Athlon) motherboard but had all sorts of driver problems. Could not get any quick answers so back to Win7 I went. Returned for Mint 17. Liked it and have hardly used a Win powered machine since.
I have Mint 17.2, 18.1 and 19 now on three machines and the latter two are driving me crazy(A very short drive!) with printing problems. I also encountered the "ICEauthorization" problem on the Mint 19 machine after a kernel upgrade.
I am not a programmer just an old Hillbilly living in the Ozarks and really don't want to spend too much time fooling with software problems as it interferes with my shooting fun!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: Howdy!

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Zulu95 Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BG405 »

Welcome! Mint 17.x (especially .3) is rock solid. I too haven't sorted out the printer drivers for later versions; must do that before 17.3 goes EOL :oops:

Hopefully the good people here will be able to help you get your printer issues sorted without resorting to target practice. :mrgreen:
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
Zulu95
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Zulu95 »

I had just set up 18.1 on a newly purchased LT and noticed the 19 release so loaded a dual boot on the 500Gb SSD. I was hoping 19 would have cured the printer problems not compounded them! The OS is just too good otherwise to give up on but I hope I do not need to buy yet another laser printer so I can print from all the machines.
Thank you to all for the welcomes.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello Zulu95 and Welcome to Linux Mint Forums,
Enjoy :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, Zulu95! Post about your printer troubles in the appropriate forums section, and most likely somebody will be able to help you.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Welcome to the forums!
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Welcome from the "other side", of the world, that is. Enjoy your time with us.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

Return to “Introduce Yourself”