Abandoned: Hello everyone from "Rally On Dude" in Ontario, Canada

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Hello everyone from "Rally On Dude" in Ontario, Canada

Post by lsemmens »

LO = Libre Office.

I use the HPLIP utility with my HP CM1312 NFI MFP. I can scan and print across the network. TBH, I've not used Fax in years, even though it does have the facility. I've not had any issues installing and getting it to work, so you may need to take Damien's advice.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
Rally On Dude

Post by Rally On Dude »

Hi DAMIEN1307,

I am aware of what you stated in your last post, thanks anyway. However, I have tried VueScan's trial edition and it works perfectly. I was hoping to resolve this problem within the forum. It looks like I will have to pay the licensing fee to unlock the trial edition of VueScan. I really need the scanner, but I will keep the post open for the weekend just encase someone can pull a rabbit out of their hat, it's worth the try :) 1

Many thanks for the assist,
Rally On Dude
Rally On Dude

Post by Rally On Dude »

Greeting Isemmens,

Yep I just replied to Damien. I have tried twice following the instructions with two different downloaded versions of HPLIP. Each time I get the HP logo in my task bar next to the update shield, but I get the same error messages no matter when I try to setup the scanner. I have checked the cables and power, they're fine.

HP no longer supports the ScanJet 8200. It's a pity, because it's a great scanner. It worked just fine on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. It does: letter, legal, statement size docs. Also, negatives, pics and slides. Plus, I have a doc feeder on it.

Have a good one and thanks Isemmens,
Rally On Dude
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Rally On Dude wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:40 pm but what does 'LO' stand for, please?
LO = LibreOffice, the office suite most of us use.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
k5nwa

Re: Abandoned: Hello everyone from "Rally On Dude" in Ontario, Canada

Post by k5nwa »

Rally On Dude wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:25 pm Hi Everyone,
I am a Newbie to Linux like most of you. Probably, you all gave-up like me, on Windows after the plethora of Service Packs, Glitches, Blue Screens, etc. There is one thing from MS, the Office Suite and its integrate modules, that I will miss. Though it is a space hog that has grown with each "new" :wink: iteration.

I look forward to learning about Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon 64-bit. I am running it on a spare laptop until I get comfortable with it.

Wish you all the best on acclimating to Linux,
Rally On Dude
Be aware that MS Office will run under Wine so you don't have to miss it if you really don't want to

Cecil - k5nwa

Return to “Introduce Yourself”