Hi from Denmark

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lindisfritjof

Hi from Denmark

Post by Lindisfritjof »

Hello!

I'm a very very new LM-user (as of yesterday, actually) since my work decided to discard all of our old Thinkpad t61 laptops (absolute tanks + they still have that HEAVENLY keyboard). So I harvested one for myself, one for a colleague and one for my Italian father-in-law. They ran Vista, but a RAM upgrade (1 to 2/3) has enabled me to run Linux Mint 19 Xcf on them. It's great!

This is my first time with the Mint OS, but on my regular PC i run Ubuntu 18.04.1 and on my phone i use UB-ports' Ubuntu Touch OTA-4, so I'm using Linux on all of my digital platforms now. All of this doesn't mean I'm tech-savvy in any way, though. I'm very much the n00b, in fact. I've only made the transition to Linux distors recently, but I'm slowly learning by doing, and enjoying it all immensely!

Would love to contribute to the community in time - I can't code (yet) but I can translate into Danish.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Hi from Denmark

Post by catweazel »

Lindisfritjof wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:25 am I'm a very very new LM-user (as of yesterday, actually)
ME TOO!

Welcome aboard! :mrgreen:
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello Lindisfritjof and welcome to LInux Mint Forums,
Glad to have your here and hope you will enjoy this great Distro.
Hej Lindisfritjof og velkommen til LInux Mint Forums,
Glad for at have dine her og håber du vil nyde denne store Distro..
Last edited by kc1di on Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

kc1di wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:48 am Hallo Lindisfritjof en welkom bij LInux Mint Forums,
Ik ben blij je hier te hebben en ik hoop dat je zult genieten van deze geweldige Distro.
Psst... that's Dutch, not Danish. :wink:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

kc1di wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:48 am Hallo Lindisfritjof en welkom bij LInux Mint Forums,
Ik ben blij je hier te hebben en ik hoop dat je zult genieten van deze geweldige Distro.
lol - Daar kan ik geen chocola van maken.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Moem wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:52 am
Psst... that's Dutch, not Danish. :wink:
Thank Moem, I corrected it :) Any way Welcome to Lindisfritjof.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

kc1di wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:09 am Any way Welcome to Lindisfritjof.
I'll second that!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Lindisfritjof

Post by Lindisfritjof »

Thank you very much!

Looking forward to what this will all bring. - Anybody know of any linux Mint communities in Denmark?
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello Lindisfritjof Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi Lindisfritjof,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome to the Linux Mint forums, Lindisfritjof!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

catweazel wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:30 am
Lindisfritjof wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:25 am I'm a very very new LM-user (as of yesterday, actually)
ME TOO!
catweazel, you're lying! But you have a good sense of humor. :lol:
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Introduce Yourself”