Hi from Wisconsin

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Hi from Wisconsin

Post by scoson »

Hi everyone! I finally got tired enough of Win10 about 8 months ago to seriously see if I could make a go of using Linux. I started off just using a thumb drive and checked a few distros but Mint kept making the most sense. I went from using it from the thumb drive all the way up to eventually ONLY having the Cinnamon partition on my hard drive, no more Win. It's embarrassing but I've done more clean installs than I can remember by this point from mucking it up but I learned a little more every day! I've learned a great deal from reading these forums and a few other sites as well. It's exciting when I realized that now and then, I could actually have jumped into a thread because I could help. I'm grateful that the Dell laptop I have (also a Canon printer) work well for me. Only minuscule and unimportant issues/questions there. I'm using Cinnamon 19 and also WineHQ with about 5 Win apps/progs that run almost flawlessly (a few of them there is no Linux equivalent) I love almost everything about Mint Cinnamon! One thing that I've always been into is themes/artwork (just acquiring, not creating), but I just started messing with Oomox and I'll probably be popping in that subforum pretty quick with question. Glad to be here and I"ll try not to be a nuisance lol.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Hi from Wisconsin

Post by catweazel »

Hi, and welcome!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

So are you on dry ground? I heard there was some flooding lately
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome aboard, scoson! Good to hear you have abandoned the dark side.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Welcome scoson!

Join the many of us who have done multiple clean installs because of mucking it up! It does help to learn more about partitions, etc.

So glad that Mint is working well for you. I know you'll enjoy it!
scoson
Level 2
Level 2

Post by scoson »

Thanks for the welcomes! I've already received help from you all and you don't even know it :lol:
@JeremyB, yes I'm in a suburb of Madison and although there's plenty of flooding scattered about, we're good here! :D
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi scoson,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Hi scoson, from a somewhat drier part of the world.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Welcome to the Linux Mint forums,
Enjoy :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello scoson Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”