Hello :)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
VoxelMints

Hello :)

Post by VoxelMints »

Hello, I'm a new Linux user. I recently left Windows permanently. I'm using the Cinnamon flavor of Linux Mint. :)

When I first started using Linux Mint Cinnamon I overwhelmingly felt like I now owned my digital online life, like I owned my computer again. I experienced a brief moment where I got pretty emotional. Not balling my eyes out emotional, but moved by the experience. Lol I had an overwhelming sense of peace almost like how when I was a kid I didn't fight with my gadgets they just worked and it was actually fun. I didn't expect Mint would be so polished, fast, stable. I had to leave my previous OS, for the same reasons you often hear about, privacy, malware, mysterious process, services re-enabling themselves etc. One day I just had enough.

Thank You for this operating system. You change my life.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Hello :)

Post by catweazel »

VoxelMints wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:47 pm Hello, I'm a new Linux user.
Welcome aboard!
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
VoxelMints

Post by VoxelMints »

Happy to be here Thanks! :D
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi VoxelMints,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

I'm not so sure about emotion, but you'll find Linux as a tool is very effective. Welcome, anyway.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Welcome to the Linux Mint forums, VoxelMints!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello VoxelMints and Welcome to Linux Mint Forums,
Enjoy :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

Hello VoxelMints Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
VoxelMints

Post by VoxelMints »

Happy for the warm welcome. :) I have some helpful tweaks to post.

I solved all my screen tearing issues and then some. I need to take some time and post a tutorial so folks new to Mint Cinnamon can quickly fix these issues and immediately start gaming and being productive. I'll post them soon maybe later today.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

VoxelMints wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:34 pm Happy for the warm welcome. :) I have some helpful tweaks to post.

I solved all my screen tearing issues and then some. I need to take some time and post a tutorial so folks new to Mint Cinnamon can quickly fix these issues and immediately start gaming and being productive. I'll post them soon maybe later today.
Welcome to the forum and please post your tutorial.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
lee-dan17

Post by lee-dan17 »

Welcome to Linux Mint! Enjoy your stay.
BG405
Level 8
Level 8

Post by BG405 »

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your offer of a tutorial (already!) :D
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
VoxelMints

Post by VoxelMints »

Hey everyone. :)

It's no problem, I put some effort in finding tweaks to make things work right because I was so determined to leave my previous OS. lol
Then as a bonus Valve dropped their Proton news and I was super stoked.

I'm not sure if there's an official way to link this tutorial so I'm adding a link here:

Cinnamon Tweaks Screen Tearing VSYNC NVIDIA
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=277267&p=1523979#p1523979

EDIT:
for clarity

Return to “Introduce Yourself”