Hello from Pescara (Italy)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Please don't post tech support questions here
FinixFighter
Level 1
Level 1

Hello from Pescara (Italy)

Post by FinixFighter » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Luca, I'm a Computer and Automation engineering student, I'm a new Linux Mint user from Italy! I installed it 3 days ago and I feel very comfortable with it. I had Windows 8.1 before, and I used it for 3 year. Before Windows 8.1 I always used Windows operative systems (starting with '94 XD) but now I am fed up of Windows. I wanted an OS who makes only what I want and don't waste resources uselessly. I hope I can help even a little bit to improve Mint more and more. Unity is strenght.

wallyUSA
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Hello from Pescara (Italy)

Post by wallyUSA » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:43 pm

@FinixFighter
Welcome to the forum!
You can learn a few things about Linux Mint by browsing the forum. Many friendly people here can help.

Please provide hardware and software info with your questions.
Be sure to check out the “Board Index”... “Rules & Notices”... “READ: How To Get Help!” or click the link below.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=83444

Cheers,
Wally
Tara Cinnamon 3.8.9 Kernel 4.15.0-39 (64 bit)
Please, if your query has been resolved, edit your first post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions.

Tomgin5
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Tomgin5 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Welcome FinixFighter.
You are in for a new learning experience and freedom from corporate spyware and OS that only let you do what some bloated rich guy wants you to do.
Me? Retired EE started on Xerox Star after I taught early Boolean algebra to students well before Apple. Recommended Unix, using Basic and assembler while Windows OS was being written for the windows founders in the next office.

WharfRat
Level 20
Level 20

Post by WharfRat » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:49 am

Hello FinixFighter Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)
ImageImage

Return to “Introduce yourself”